Photography courtesy of Rich Smith, Wedding Photographer
Your wedding is perhaps, one of the most important days of your life. You should be free to enjoy every moment. You have spent months, maybe years preparing for this day, working out all the fine details until it is perfect.
Like the conductor of an orchestra, who brings all the musicians together to create the perfect Symphony, as your Toastmaster, Simon will seamlessly and discreetly co-ordinate all your professionals on the day to make sure you can enjoy and remember every second.
In general, as your Toastmaster, I will;
- Free you from the anxiety of worrying about what is to happen next and when.
- Free the management of the venue to concentrate on their own tasks.
- Give you the confidence that responsibility for detailed co-ordination can be reliably delegated.
- Provide Independent advice before and during your Wedding on the different facets of the event.
- Conduct the proceedings in an assured, reliable and professional manner.
- Ensure your event is conducted with authority and dignity,
- Provide that extra ‘touch of class’ and style to complement the occasion.
On the Day, I will;
- Be at the reception venue well before you and your guests arrive to liaise with the Banqueting or Catering Manager about the way the reception will be run.
- Greet your arrival at the venue with your first glass of chilled Champagne and ensure all your needs are catered for.
- Greet the main members of your wedding party as they arrive, and liaise with the Best Man so that he is aware of his responsibilities during the reception.
- Liaise with, and co-ordinate activities of, caterers, photographer, video operator, entertainers and band leader/DJ.
- Assist the photographer in gathering the required groups together.
- Should you want one, arrange and organise a receiving line and announce guests to be received.
- Announce and coordinate your Grand Entrance to the Wedding Breakfast
- Announce, or say, Grace should you require one
- Make any announcements that may need to be made for your guests, eg. cameras, signing of Guest Book and other mementos, evening entertainment etc.
- Announce the speeches.
- Announce ceremonial cutting of cake.
- Introduce the First Dance
- Undertake any other duty required during the day..
The services of a professional toastmaster can make the difference between the perfect day and near disaster. “Thank you so much, I am so glad we decided to book you,” and “We couldn’t have done this without you” are the words I want to hear as I take my leave at the end of the day.